Ph: 1300 644 890
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
Katie Roberts Career Counseling
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) assessment tool is one of the most widely used personality assessments in the world, with over 2 million people taking it each year. It is based on over 50 years of research and is used for purposes such as personal development, career and vocational guidance, team building, leadership development and relationship counselling.
The Myers-Briggs® instrument assesses your personality preferences based on the following four scales:
Extraversion (E) - Introversion (I)
- Extraversion - Energised by the outside world of people, activity and things
- Introversion - Energised by the inner world of thoughts, feelings and reflections
Sensing (S) – Intuition (N)
- Sensing – Tend to focus on information gathered through the five senses
- Intuition – Tend to look for patterns, meanings and possibilities in the information they receive
Thinking (T) – Feeling (F)
- Thinking – Tend to make decisions based on objective facts and principles
- Feeling – Tend to make decisions based on personal values and feelings
Judging (J) – Perceiving (P)
- Judging – Tend to prefer a more planned and structured lifestyle
- Perceiving – Tend to prefer a more flexible and spontaneous lifestyle
*Professional interactive feedback and type verification is included and required with all MBTI results.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are trademarks or registered trademarks of the MBTI Trust, Inc., in the United States and other countries.
"When I was seven I wanted to be a pharmacist because I liked the colour of the carpet in the local chemist. At thirteen, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to be a chiropractor because my mother told me they earned a lot of money." Read more