Ph: 1300 644 890
Interview Training for Hiring Managers
Katie Roberts Career Counseling
*If you are an INDIVIDUAL or CANDIDATE looking for Interview Skills Training and Coaching, please click here
Interview Training Workshop for Hiring Managers
Behavioural Based Interviewing / Competency Interviewing
Are your managers / recruiters attracting and hiring the best candidates?
Our Interview Training Workshop (Behavioural Based Interviewing) is designed to provide hiring managers, team leaders and recruitment consultants with a structured interview process, helping them to improve their interview skills and make better hiring decisions. This is a flexible program, which can be tailored to your specific needs and industry. The facilitator, Drew Clark, is a successful Recruiter and Interview Skills Trainer, with over 25 years experience in all levels of recruitment and selection.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to identify the position requirements and prepare a detailed job description;
- Develop an effective process for short-listing and screening candidates;
- Learn how to prepare for interviews and develop targeted competency-based questions;
- Learn the processes and procedures for conducting behavioural-based interviews;
- Find out how to objectively assess and rate candidates’ responses and job suitability;
- Get advice and tips on conducting effective reference checks;
- Learn how to make an offer and negotiate the right salary package; and
- Practise their interview skills by taking part in a role play.
As part of this workshop, participants will receive a folder containing the following:
- Sample Job Description
- Sample Interview Questions
- Candidate Screening Form
- Candidate Assessment Form
- Candidate Competency Report
- Sample Reference Checking Form
1. Individual Program (One-on-One) (3 hour session) - $750 including GST - Available in person at Crows Nest or Parramatta, Sydney or via SKYPE video call.
2. Group Workshop for Companies (Half Day) - Please contact us for a quote - Australia-wide
*For more information on this program, please contact us
Everyone filled in the Training Evaluation Feedback Form for your session and all the feedback was great. Everyone said it was one of the best training courses they have been to. We have found the training templates extremely useful. They are very clear and easy to follow. Everyone has incorporated them into their recruitment process. Again thank you for the great training.
Lisa, Office Manager
Drew Clark, from Katie Roberts Career Consulting, presented a training course to our State and National Sales and Marketing Managers as well as Recruitment Officers, last week. The Training Course was extremely beneficial for all involved as Drew offered an enormous wealth of experience and his engaging and humorous presentation skills kept us all entertained. The course went for 3.5 hours – but flew along, as Drew covered everything from advertising, initial phone screening – interview process – negotiation of contracts through to the issuing of contracts. As well as having very structured components to the course, Drew allowed the opportunity for us to ask questions of him throughout. We were able to work through scenarios with Drew – as he led us toward answering our own questions, by his own keen ability to ask them!!! As an attendee myself – I gained an enormous amount from the training course. Drew is a very talented facilitator – and I would highly recommend his services to those who wish to refresh their recruitment skills.
National HR & Recruitment Officer
Sekisui House Australia.
Drew conducted a half day workshop for our Managers and Supervisors which gave them a great refresher on behavioural based interviewing. Since then, we have used the templates provided to create our own forms and incorporated them into our recruitment process to ensure consistency and quality for all of our applicants. Feedback on the workshop was extremely positive and the team now have a consistent approach to the process. Thank you Drew!
Baptist Care (SA) Inc
I found the course fun, very useful and engaging. Highly recommend it!!
Supply Chain Manager
“When I was seven I wanted to be a pharmacist because I liked the colour of the carpet in the local chemist. At thirteen, I changed my mind and decided I wanted to be a chiropractor because my mother told me they earned a lot of money.” Read more